Spectra is an online publishing engine that requires a fresh, innovative design and a brand identity that aligns better with the product. As the lead product designer of Spectra, my primary goal of this project is to enhance the landing page to generate more leads and attract a broader customer base.
Click on the image below to view the website
1. Enhance User Experience: The re-designed landing page should provide a seamless and intuitive user experience, allowing visitors to easily understand and navigate the Spectra platform's features and benefits.
2. Create a Distinctive Brand Identity: Develop a new brand identity for Spectra that better reflects its unique selling points and appeals to the target audience. This includes refining the logo, color scheme, typography, and overall visual identity.
3. Optimize Lead Generation: Restructure the landing page layout and content to optimize lead generation while implementing clear call-to-action elements and strategically placed demo request forms to encourage visitors to take the desired action.
4. Mobile Responsiveness: Ensure the re-designed landing page is fully responsive and optimized for various devices and screen sizes, providing a consistent and engaging experience across desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms.
5. Maintain Brand Consistency: Ensure that the re-branded landing page aligns with Spectra's broader brand strategy and maintains consistency with other marketing collateral, such as social media profiles, emails, and advertisements.
During the Discovery and Research phase of the Spectra re-branding project, we gathered valuable insights to define the logo, color palette, typography, and other visual elements that will shape Spectra's identity. This phase involved activities such as moodboard collections, brainstorming sessions, hand-drawn and digital drafts, and weekly team alignment meetings.
The Discovery and Research phase serves as a crucial foundation, enabling us to efficiently explore design directions, gather feedback, and refine Spectra's logo, color palette, typography, and visual elements for the re-branding process. This phase ensures a solid groundwork for the subsequent design stages.
How do we best represent Spectra?
During the Concept Development phase of the Spectra re-branding project, our primary objective was to create initial design concepts for the brand identity and landing page. This phase involved gathering feedback from the Spectra team and stakeholders through workshops and incorporating their valuable insights. Additionally, we conducted targeted audience testing to gather further feedback and validate our design concepts.
During the Concept Development phase, we collaborated with stakeholders, including the Spectra team, to understand their vision and expectations for the brand identity and landing page. Through iterative feedback sessions, we refined the initial design concepts to align with the desired brand image and objectives. This collaborative approach ensured a cohesive and purposeful visual identity for Spectra.
To gather user insights, we conducted 10 user interviews during user testing sessions. These sessions involved presenting the design concepts to representative users and collecting feedback through structured discussions and surveys. User testing provided valuable insights on how well the design concepts resonated with the intended users, guiding us in further refinement.
Building upon the feedback from stakeholders and target audience testing, we iterated and refined the design concepts. This iterative process allowed us to incorporate valuable insights, address concerns, and ensure that the final design concepts effectively communicate Spectra's brand values and resonate with the target audience.
How can we ensure that our goals are met?
In the Design Refinement phase, we iterated and refined the chosen design concept, developed the brand identity, and finalized the landing page design. This included incorporating feedback from stakeholders and user testing to ensure the design effectively conveyed Spectra's brand values.
During the Implementation phase, I collaborated closely with developers to bring the approved design to life as a functional landing page. This involved clear communication and collaboration between the design and development teams. Developers skillfully translated the design into a website, ensuring cross-device compatibility, responsiveness, and optimal performance. Thorough testing was conducted to ensure the landing page functioned seamlessly across devices and browsers.
To improve communication and streamline the hand-off process between designers and developers, I focused on designing an effective hand-off format on Figma. This format aims to ensure a seamless transfer of design assets and specifications, enabling developers to implement the design accurately and efficiently.
Click on the image to see the details of the hand-off document